Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
Last night Corey Kluber got a no-decision in what should’ve been a dominant shutout. Except (a) his offense didn’t give him hardly any run support; and (b) his defense let him down, allowing an unearned run. And BOY was that run unearned.
In the eighth inning, Mike Moustakas hit a blooper down the left field line which Ryan Raburn ranged over to catch. It bounced off the heel of his glove, however, allowing Moustakas to cruise into second on the error. Raburn recovered and, apparently, thought he had a play on Moustakas at second, so he came up firing.
He was just a wee bit off target:
That’s the kind of thing that shows up on Jumbortron blooper reels for years.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)