Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Last night Corey Kluber got a no-decision in what should’ve been a dominant shutout. Except (a) his offense didn’t give him hardly any run support; and (b) his defense let him down, allowing an unearned run. And BOY was that run unearned.
In the eighth inning, Mike Moustakas hit a blooper down the left field line which Ryan Raburn ranged over to catch. It bounced off the heel of his glove, however, allowing Moustakas to cruise into second on the error. Raburn recovered and, apparently, thought he had a play on Moustakas at second, so he came up firing.
He was just a wee bit off target:
That’s the kind of thing that shows up on Jumbortron blooper reels for years.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)