Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Last night Corey Kluber got a no-decision in what should’ve been a dominant shutout. Except (a) his offense didn’t give him hardly any run support; and (b) his defense let him down, allowing an unearned run. And BOY was that run unearned.
In the eighth inning, Mike Moustakas hit a blooper down the left field line which Ryan Raburn ranged over to catch. It bounced off the heel of his glove, however, allowing Moustakas to cruise into second on the error. Raburn recovered and, apparently, thought he had a play on Moustakas at second, so he came up firing.
He was just a wee bit off target:
That’s the kind of thing that shows up on Jumbortron blooper reels for years.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)