Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Last night Corey Kluber got a no-decision in what should’ve been a dominant shutout. Except (a) his offense didn’t give him hardly any run support; and (b) his defense let him down, allowing an unearned run. And BOY was that run unearned.
In the eighth inning, Mike Moustakas hit a blooper down the left field line which Ryan Raburn ranged over to catch. It bounced off the heel of his glove, however, allowing Moustakas to cruise into second on the error. Raburn recovered and, apparently, thought he had a play on Moustakas at second, so he came up firing.
He was just a wee bit off target:
That’s the kind of thing that shows up on Jumbortron blooper reels for years.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)