Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Last night Corey Kluber got a no-decision in what should’ve been a dominant shutout. Except (a) his offense didn’t give him hardly any run support; and (b) his defense let him down, allowing an unearned run. And BOY was that run unearned.
In the eighth inning, Mike Moustakas hit a blooper down the left field line which Ryan Raburn ranged over to catch. It bounced off the heel of his glove, however, allowing Moustakas to cruise into second on the error. Raburn recovered and, apparently, thought he had a play on Moustakas at second, so he came up firing.
He was just a wee bit off target:
That’s the kind of thing that shows up on Jumbortron blooper reels for years.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)