Jul 25, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Cubs are shopping starter Edwin Jackson. The Edwin Jackson with the 5-11 record and the 5.68 ERA and who, by most measures, is among the worst starters with a regular gig in all of baseball. Oh, and he’s due $26 million through 2016.
There are a lot of teams looking for starters, but I feel like they’ll keep looking.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)