Jul 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez are back in the Dodgers’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Giants, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports. Puig will bat second and play center field while Ramirez will bat fourth and take his spot at shortstop. Matt Kemp starts in right field again.
Puig has played in one game since last Saturday, when he was hit in the hand with a Joe Kelly fastball. He has otherwise had a great year, slashing .308/.398/.519 with 12 home runs, 52 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
Ramirez hasn’t played since July 20, when he was hit twice by Cardinals pitchers: once in the fourth by Carlos Martinez, and once in the ninth by Trevor Rosenthal. The latter forced Ramirez out of the game, and out of the lineup for several days. (Kelly, by the way, broke one of Ramirez’s ribs with a pitch in Game 1 of the National League Championship Series last year.) Ramirez has been slowed by a litany of minor injuries this season, but has still managed to post a .273/.372/.463 slash line with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)