Jul 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez are back in the Dodgers’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Giants, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports. Puig will bat second and play center field while Ramirez will bat fourth and take his spot at shortstop. Matt Kemp starts in right field again.
Puig has played in one game since last Saturday, when he was hit in the hand with a Joe Kelly fastball. He has otherwise had a great year, slashing .308/.398/.519 with 12 home runs, 52 RBI, and seven stolen bases.
Ramirez hasn’t played since July 20, when he was hit twice by Cardinals pitchers: once in the fourth by Carlos Martinez, and once in the ninth by Trevor Rosenthal. The latter forced Ramirez out of the game, and out of the lineup for several days. (Kelly, by the way, broke one of Ramirez’s ribs with a pitch in Game 1 of the National League Championship Series last year.) Ramirez has been slowed by a litany of minor injuries this season, but has still managed to post a .273/.372/.463 slash line with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)