Jul 26, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have signed left-hander Randy Wolf to a minor league contract.
This is Wolf’s fifth organization since spring training. The 37-year-old opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles earlier this month after one start and five relief appearances in Triple-A. He made four starts and two relief appearances with the Marlins earlier this season. It was his first stint in the majors since 2012.
The Angels are rumored to be in the market for a starter, but Wolf is strictly organizational depth at this point of his career.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)