Jul 26, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have signed left-hander Randy Wolf to a minor league contract.
This is Wolf’s fifth organization since spring training. The 37-year-old opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles earlier this month after one start and five relief appearances in Triple-A. He made four starts and two relief appearances with the Marlins earlier this season. It was his first stint in the majors since 2012.
The Angels are rumored to be in the market for a starter, but Wolf is strictly organizational depth at this point of his career.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 38
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29