Jul 26, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have signed left-hander Randy Wolf to a minor league contract.
This is Wolf’s fifth organization since spring training. The 37-year-old opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles earlier this month after one start and five relief appearances in Triple-A. He made four starts and two relief appearances with the Marlins earlier this season. It was his first stint in the majors since 2012.
The Angels are rumored to be in the market for a starter, but Wolf is strictly organizational depth at this point of his career.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)