Jul 26, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Angels have signed left-hander Randy Wolf to a minor league contract.
This is Wolf’s fifth organization since spring training. The 37-year-old opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles earlier this month after one start and five relief appearances in Triple-A. He made four starts and two relief appearances with the Marlins earlier this season. It was his first stint in the majors since 2012.
The Angels are rumored to be in the market for a starter, but Wolf is strictly organizational depth at this point of his career.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11