Jul 26, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Dodgers infield prospect Alex Guerrero hasn’t been at Triple-A since Miguel Olivo attacked him and bit part of his ear off. He returned to baseball on July 10, playing rookie ball in the Arizona League for seven games. On July 20, the Dodgers moved him up to Single-A Rancho Cucamonga. At long last, he’s back with Triple-A Albuquerque, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Prior to the ear-biting incident, Guerrero was slashing .376/.417/.735 with 12 home runs and 37 RBI for Albuquerque. He could make his States-side major league debut later this season; he made appearances against the Diamondbacks in both games played in Australia in March to kick off the regular season.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)