Jul 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
The Giants announced this afternoon that catcher Hector Sanchez was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Andrew Susac has been called up from Triple-A Fresno to take his place on the active roster.
Sanchez left last night’s game against the Dodgers after he was hit in the mask by a foul tip off the bat of Adrian Gonzalez in the third inning. According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said after the game that Sanchez was diagnosed with a “mild concussion” and will likely be out “for a little while.”
Susac, a second-round pick from 2011, was batting .268/.379/.451 with 10 home runs and 32 RBI over 63 games this season in Triple-A. The 24-year-old will serve as Buster Posey‘s backup in the short-term.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20