Jul 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
The Giants announced this afternoon that catcher Hector Sanchez was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list. Andrew Susac has been called up from Triple-A Fresno to take his place on the active roster.
Sanchez left last night’s game against the Dodgers after he was hit in the mask by a foul tip off the bat of Adrian Gonzalez in the third inning. According to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said after the game that Sanchez was diagnosed with a “mild concussion” and will likely be out “for a little while.”
Susac, a second-round pick from 2011, was batting .268/.379/.451 with 10 home runs and 32 RBI over 63 games this season in Triple-A. The 24-year-old will serve as Buster Posey‘s backup in the short-term.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)