Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants starter Matt Cain has not made any progress in his recovery from a right elbow injury. Cain has been on the disabled list since July 11 and there is no timetable for his return.
The Giants acquired Jake Peavy in a trade with the Red Sox earlier today, preparing for the possibility that Cain may not return this season. Cain went on the disabled list carrying a 4.18 ERA with a 70/32 K/BB ratio in 90 1/3 innings.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)