Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants starter Matt Cain has not made any progress in his recovery from a right elbow injury. Cain has been on the disabled list since July 11 and there is no timetable for his return.
The Giants acquired Jake Peavy in a trade with the Red Sox earlier today, preparing for the possibility that Cain may not return this season. Cain went on the disabled list carrying a 4.18 ERA with a 70/32 K/BB ratio in 90 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 34
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)