Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants starter Matt Cain has not made any progress in his recovery from a right elbow injury. Cain has been on the disabled list since July 11 and there is no timetable for his return.
The Giants acquired Jake Peavy in a trade with the Red Sox earlier today, preparing for the possibility that Cain may not return this season. Cain went on the disabled list carrying a 4.18 ERA with a 70/32 K/BB ratio in 90 1/3 innings.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)