Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is going to have a bruise, but at least he got the out. The Marlins right-hander took a Chris Carter line drive off of his back, which went into the air and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria for the first out of the third inning. Koehler waved off trainers and stayed in the game.
The team effort by Koehler and Hechavarria proved to be vital, as Koehler was dealing with runners on the corners at the time. He bounced back and struck out consecutive Astros to end the threat.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)