Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is going to have a bruise, but at least he got the out. The Marlins right-hander took a Chris Carter line drive off of his back, which went into the air and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria for the first out of the third inning. Koehler waved off trainers and stayed in the game.
The team effort by Koehler and Hechavarria proved to be vital, as Koehler was dealing with runners on the corners at the time. He bounced back and struck out consecutive Astros to end the threat.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 0
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 110
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (110)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)