Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is going to have a bruise, but at least he got the out. The Marlins right-hander took a Chris Carter line drive off of his back, which went into the air and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria for the first out of the third inning. Koehler waved off trainers and stayed in the game.
The team effort by Koehler and Hechavarria proved to be vital, as Koehler was dealing with runners on the corners at the time. He bounced back and struck out consecutive Astros to end the threat.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 28
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)