Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is going to have a bruise, but at least he got the out. The Marlins right-hander took a Chris Carter line drive off of his back, which went into the air and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria for the first out of the third inning. Koehler waved off trainers and stayed in the game.
The team effort by Koehler and Hechavarria proved to be vital, as Koehler was dealing with runners on the corners at the time. He bounced back and struck out consecutive Astros to end the threat.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)