Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Tom Koehler is going to have a bruise, but at least he got the out. The Marlins right-hander took a Chris Carter line drive off of his back, which went into the air and was caught by shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria for the first out of the third inning. Koehler waved off trainers and stayed in the game.
The team effort by Koehler and Hechavarria proved to be vital, as Koehler was dealing with runners on the corners at the time. He bounced back and struck out consecutive Astros to end the threat.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)