Jul 27, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Maybe it’s Royals pitching, or maybe it’s Carlos Santana on a ridiculous hot streak. The Indians first baseman belted two more home runs in a win this afternoon, staving off a four-game series sweep at the hands of the Royals. Even if the Indians had been swept, it certainly wouldn’t have been Santana’s fault. Check out how he fared at the dish in all four games.
Thursday (L, 2-1, 14 innings): 2-for-4, 2 BB
Friday (L, 6-4): 2-for-3, BB, 2 HR, 3 RBI
Saturday (L, 7-5): 2-for-4, BB, 2B, HR, RBI
Sunday (W, 10-3): 3-for-3, BB, 2 HR, 4 RBI
Total: 9-for-14, 5 BB, 2B, 5 HR, 8 RBI
Santana entered the series with a .751 OPS and he exits it with an .827 OPS.
Carlos Santana this week: .609 batting average, .690 on-base percentage, 1.522 slugging percentage, 2.212 OPS, 6 HR, 10 RBI
— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) July 27, 2014
Santana’s 2014 is even more remarkable than that, however. He began the season terribly, bringing a .628 OPS towards the end of May before missing a week with a concussion. He had six home runs and 17 RBI through the end of May. In the two months since, including today’s effort, he has hit 14 home runs and driven in 33.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)