Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Dennis Lin of U-T San Diego reports that Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy won’t make Monday’s scheduled start against the Braves due to left oblique soreness. Jason Lane will start in his place opposite Ervin Santana at Turner Field. Kennedy isn’t expected to need a stint on the disabled list.
Kennedy, who has drawn a bit of trade interest from contending teams, has a 3.66 ERA with a 143/42 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings this season. The 29-year-old is earning $6.1 million this season and will be eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after the season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)