Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Dennis Lin of U-T San Diego reports that Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy won’t make Monday’s scheduled start against the Braves due to left oblique soreness. Jason Lane will start in his place opposite Ervin Santana at Turner Field. Kennedy isn’t expected to need a stint on the disabled list.
Kennedy, who has drawn a bit of trade interest from contending teams, has a 3.66 ERA with a 143/42 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings this season. The 29-year-old is earning $6.1 million this season and will be eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after the season.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)