Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Dennis Lin of U-T San Diego reports that Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy won’t make Monday’s scheduled start against the Braves due to left oblique soreness. Jason Lane will start in his place opposite Ervin Santana at Turner Field. Kennedy isn’t expected to need a stint on the disabled list.
Kennedy, who has drawn a bit of trade interest from contending teams, has a 3.66 ERA with a 143/42 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings this season. The 29-year-old is earning $6.1 million this season and will be eligible for arbitration for the third and final time after the season.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)