Jul 28, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Heyward has played 103 of the Braves’ first 106 games, hitting .260 with nine homers, 12 steals, and a .729 OPS, including a career-low .379 slugging percentage.
He was replaced in right field by Ryan Doumit, but the Braves would almost surely turn elsewhere if a longer-term fill in was needed.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)