Jul 29, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Matt Cain has made no progress in his recovery from a right elbow injury. He has has been on the disabled list since July 11 and there is no timetable for his return. The Giants acquired Jake Peavy in his absence. And now things have gotten worse:
Giants source confirms 95.7 report that Matt Cain is going for a consultation with Dr. James Andrews.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) July 29, 2014
I’m sure he’s a nice man, but no one ever, ever wants to visit Dr. Andrews.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29