Jul 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Morneau narrowly missed making the All-Star team as a “Final Vote” candidate, participated in the Home Run Derby in his former home ballpark in Minnesota, and hit .312 with 13 homers and an .846 OPS in 89 games before the injury.
Even with the DL stint Morneau has already played more games than he did in 2010 or 2011 and this is his highest OPS since 2010, when a concussion ended his season in July and derailed the former MVP’s career.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)