Jul 29, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Pitchers are said to have good control when they can place the pitch in a given location at will. But there’s some play there, of course. A couple of inches in either direction usually isn’t considered being wild.
When you’re aiming at someone’s head, however, a couple of inches may matter. And when you’re throwing a non-regulation baseball, with no warmup while wearing a suit-jacket, you can expect more than a couple of inches of play. To wit: Clayton Kershaw throwing at an apple on Jimmy Kimmel’s head last night:
I’m guessing Cards fans would say Adam Wainwright would do a better job.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29