Jul 29, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Pitchers are said to have good control when they can place the pitch in a given location at will. But there’s some play there, of course. A couple of inches in either direction usually isn’t considered being wild.
When you’re aiming at someone’s head, however, a couple of inches may matter. And when you’re throwing a non-regulation baseball, with no warmup while wearing a suit-jacket, you can expect more than a couple of inches of play. To wit: Clayton Kershaw throwing at an apple on Jimmy Kimmel’s head last night:
I’m guessing Cards fans would say Adam Wainwright would do a better job.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)