Jul 29, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Pitchers are said to have good control when they can place the pitch in a given location at will. But there’s some play there, of course. A couple of inches in either direction usually isn’t considered being wild.
When you’re aiming at someone’s head, however, a couple of inches may matter. And when you’re throwing a non-regulation baseball, with no warmup while wearing a suit-jacket, you can expect more than a couple of inches of play. To wit: Clayton Kershaw throwing at an apple on Jimmy Kimmel’s head last night:
I’m guessing Cards fans would say Adam Wainwright would do a better job.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (302)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)