Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Marlins have been linked to a range of starters this week — from Jon Lester to John Lackey and now Danks — as they look to beef up their young starting rotation for a run at a playoff spot. Miami lost to the Nationals 4-3 on Wednesday afternoon but will enter play Thursday night against the Reds just four-and-a-half games back of a Wild Card spot and six games back of the division lead in the NL East.
Danks, 29, owns a 4.40 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 92/46 K/BB ratio in 131 innings this season, but he pitches in one of the more offense-friendly home parks in the majors and the move from the American League to the National League would surely help his numbers. He’s under contract through 2016 at $14.25 million per year.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11