Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Marlins have been linked to a range of starters this week — from Jon Lester to John Lackey and now Danks — as they look to beef up their young starting rotation for a run at a playoff spot. Miami lost to the Nationals 4-3 on Wednesday afternoon but will enter play Thursday night against the Reds just four-and-a-half games back of a Wild Card spot and six games back of the division lead in the NL East.
Danks, 29, owns a 4.40 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 92/46 K/BB ratio in 131 innings this season, but he pitches in one of the more offense-friendly home parks in the majors and the move from the American League to the National League would surely help his numbers. He’s under contract through 2016 at $14.25 million per year.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)