Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Marlins have been linked to a range of starters this week — from Jon Lester to John Lackey and now Danks — as they look to beef up their young starting rotation for a run at a playoff spot. Miami lost to the Nationals 4-3 on Wednesday afternoon but will enter play Thursday night against the Reds just four-and-a-half games back of a Wild Card spot and six games back of the division lead in the NL East.
Danks, 29, owns a 4.40 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 92/46 K/BB ratio in 131 innings this season, but he pitches in one of the more offense-friendly home parks in the majors and the move from the American League to the National League would surely help his numbers. He’s under contract through 2016 at $14.25 million per year.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)