Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Marlins have been linked to a range of starters this week — from Jon Lester to John Lackey and now Danks — as they look to beef up their young starting rotation for a run at a playoff spot. Miami lost to the Nationals 4-3 on Wednesday afternoon but will enter play Thursday night against the Reds just four-and-a-half games back of a Wild Card spot and six games back of the division lead in the NL East.
Danks, 29, owns a 4.40 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, and 92/46 K/BB ratio in 131 innings this season, but he pitches in one of the more offense-friendly home parks in the majors and the move from the American League to the National League would surely help his numbers. He’s under contract through 2016 at $14.25 million per year.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)