Jul 30, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
Matt Harvey wanted to pitch for the Mets this year and, last month, came thiiiis close to actually throwing from a mound and doing more advanced rehabby things, but the Mets put the kibosh on that. Most likely so it didn’t create a situation in which Harvey and/or the press started talking day and night about whether or not he could pitch in a real game in 2014.
Now that it’s far too late for that, the Mets have cleared him to begin throwing, reports Adam Rubin of ESPN.
Rubin adds that there’s a chance he could pitch in the fall instructional league in Florida in September and October.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)