Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Milwaukee may decide to shield him from left-handed pitching in a quasi-platoon with Khris Davis, a righty who’s hit just .232 versus right-handed pitching. Parra is under team control through next season and an outfield with him alongside Carlos Gomez will turn a lot of would-be doubles into outs for Brewers pitchers.
Haniger is 23 years old and hitting just .255 with 10 homers and a .732 OPS in 67 games at Double-A while playing mostly right field. He was one of the Brewers’ better prospects, but is not considered a high-end prospect in general. Banda is a 20-year-old Single-A left-hander with a 3.66 ERA and 83/38 K/BB ratio in 84 innings.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)