Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Milwaukee may decide to shield him from left-handed pitching in a quasi-platoon with Khris Davis, a righty who’s hit just .232 versus right-handed pitching. Parra is under team control through next season and an outfield with him alongside Carlos Gomez will turn a lot of would-be doubles into outs for Brewers pitchers.
Haniger is 23 years old and hitting just .255 with 10 homers and a .732 OPS in 67 games at Double-A while playing mostly right field. He was one of the Brewers’ better prospects, but is not considered a high-end prospect in general. Banda is a 20-year-old Single-A left-hander with a 3.66 ERA and 83/38 K/BB ratio in 84 innings.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)