Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
C.J. Wilson struggled before going on the disabled list in early July with a right ankle sprain, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia told Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon that the left-hander is penciled in to make his return Saturday against the Rays.
Wilson, 33, owns a 4.33 ERA and 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season. He had a 6.81 ERA over his final eight starts before hitting the DL with the ankle injury, but he recently told Fletcher that lost flexibility in his left hip contributed to his struggles and that he’s feeling “way better” now.
If Wilson is healthy again, that could be like an impact trade acquisition for the final two months of the regular season. At least that’s what the Angels have to be hoping, especially after tonight’s scare with Tyler Skaggs.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15