Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
C.J. Wilson struggled before going on the disabled list in early July with a right ankle sprain, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia told Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon that the left-hander is penciled in to make his return Saturday against the Rays.
Wilson, 33, owns a 4.33 ERA and 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season. He had a 6.81 ERA over his final eight starts before hitting the DL with the ankle injury, but he recently told Fletcher that lost flexibility in his left hip contributed to his struggles and that he’s feeling “way better” now.
If Wilson is healthy again, that could be like an impact trade acquisition for the final two months of the regular season. At least that’s what the Angels have to be hoping, especially after tonight’s scare with Tyler Skaggs.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (116)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)