Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson struggled before going on the disabled list in early July with a right ankle sprain, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia told Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon that the left-hander is penciled in to make his return Saturday against the Rays.
Wilson, 33, owns a 4.33 ERA and 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season. He had a 6.81 ERA over his final eight starts before hitting the DL with the ankle injury, but he recently told Fletcher that lost flexibility in his left hip contributed to his struggles and that he’s feeling “way better” now.
If Wilson is healthy again, that could be like an impact trade acquisition for the final two months of the regular season. At least that’s what the Angels have to be hoping, especially after tonight’s scare with Tyler Skaggs.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)