Jul 31, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Roberts has stayed healthy after missing the bulk of the past four seasons with injuries, but he hit just .237 with a .659 OPS in 91 games, struggled at times defensively, and was recently given some time off because manager Joe Girardi felt he was “beat up” physically.
Roberts had a helluva run for the Orioles before injuries derailed his career, ranking as one of the better all-around second basemen in the league for nearly a decade, but at age 36 this could be the end of the line unless he wants to go play at Triple-A for a while.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)