Jul 31, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Roberts has stayed healthy after missing the bulk of the past four seasons with injuries, but he hit just .237 with a .659 OPS in 91 games, struggled at times defensively, and was recently given some time off because manager Joe Girardi felt he was “beat up” physically.
Roberts had a helluva run for the Orioles before injuries derailed his career, ranking as one of the better all-around second basemen in the league for nearly a decade, but at age 36 this could be the end of the line unless he wants to go play at Triple-A for a while.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)