Jul 31, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Roberts has stayed healthy after missing the bulk of the past four seasons with injuries, but he hit just .237 with a .659 OPS in 91 games, struggled at times defensively, and was recently given some time off because manager Joe Girardi felt he was “beat up” physically.
Roberts had a helluva run for the Orioles before injuries derailed his career, ranking as one of the better all-around second basemen in the league for nearly a decade, but at age 36 this could be the end of the line unless he wants to go play at Triple-A for a while.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)