Jul 31, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Roberts has stayed healthy after missing the bulk of the past four seasons with injuries, but he hit just .237 with a .659 OPS in 91 games, struggled at times defensively, and was recently given some time off because manager Joe Girardi felt he was “beat up” physically.
Roberts had a helluva run for the Orioles before injuries derailed his career, ranking as one of the better all-around second basemen in the league for nearly a decade, but at age 36 this could be the end of the line unless he wants to go play at Triple-A for a while.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)