Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger suffered on a hit-by-pitch, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment tonight with High-A Dunedin.
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons expects Lawrie to spend at least one week on his rehab stint, but at this rate, he should still beat both Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind back from the disabled list. He’s starting at second base tonight and will play third base tomorrow, so it looks like he’ll continue to shuffle between positions once he’s ready to rejoin the big club.
Lawrie, 24, is batting .244/.299/.419 with 12 home runs and 38 RBI over 69 games this season. He has made 43 starts at third base and 26 starts at second base.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)