Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger suffered on a hit-by-pitch, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment tonight with High-A Dunedin.
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons expects Lawrie to spend at least one week on his rehab stint, but at this rate, he should still beat both Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind back from the disabled list. He’s starting at second base tonight and will play third base tomorrow, so it looks like he’ll continue to shuffle between positions once he’s ready to rejoin the big club.
Lawrie, 24, is batting .244/.299/.419 with 12 home runs and 38 RBI over 69 games this season. He has made 43 starts at third base and 26 starts at second base.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)