Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Interesting news from the Brewers this evening, as rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Cardinals due to a blister. This mostly sounds like a convenient excuse to manipulate their rotation for the big weekend series at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
The Brewers and Cardinals now line up like this:
The Brewers will begin play tonight with a two-game lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central. This series should be a lot of fun.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)