Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Interesting news from the Brewers this evening, as rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from tomorrow’s start against the Cardinals due to a blister. This mostly sounds like a convenient excuse to manipulate their rotation for the big weekend series at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
The Brewers and Cardinals now line up like this:
The Brewers will begin play tonight with a two-game lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central. This series should be a lot of fun.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)