Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez made an excellent sliding catch along the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning against the Tigers this evening. However, he aggravated a right ankle sprain in the process and was forced to exit the ballgame.
You can watch the video of the play here. Gonzalez clearly slams his right foot into the short fence along the right field line during his slide.
Gonzalez initially injured the ankle last Saturday and ended up missing two starts. Now he’s hurt again. It’s only August 1, but this season can’t end soon enough for the Rockies.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)