Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez made an excellent sliding catch along the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning against the Tigers this evening. However, he aggravated a right ankle sprain in the process and was forced to exit the ballgame.
You can watch the video of the play here. Gonzalez clearly slams his right foot into the short fence along the right field line during his slide.
Gonzalez initially injured the ankle last Saturday and ended up missing two starts. Now he’s hurt again. It’s only August 1, but this season can’t end soon enough for the Rockies.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)