Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez made an excellent sliding catch along the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning against the Tigers this evening. However, he aggravated a right ankle sprain in the process and was forced to exit the ballgame.
You can watch the video of the play here. Gonzalez clearly slams his right foot into the short fence along the right field line during his slide.
Gonzalez initially injured the ankle last Saturday and ended up missing two starts. Now he’s hurt again. It’s only August 1, but this season can’t end soon enough for the Rockies.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)