Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez made an excellent sliding catch along the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning against the Tigers this evening. However, he aggravated a right ankle sprain in the process and was forced to exit the ballgame.
You can watch the video of the play here. Gonzalez clearly slams his right foot into the short fence along the right field line during his slide.
Gonzalez initially injured the ankle last Saturday and ended up missing two starts. Now he’s hurt again. It’s only August 1, but this season can’t end soon enough for the Rockies.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)