Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez made an excellent sliding catch along the right field line in the bottom of the fifth inning against the Tigers this evening. However, he aggravated a right ankle sprain in the process and was forced to exit the ballgame.
You can watch the video of the play here. Gonzalez clearly slams his right foot into the short fence along the right field line during his slide.
Gonzalez initially injured the ankle last Saturday and ended up missing two starts. Now he’s hurt again. It’s only August 1, but this season can’t end soon enough for the Rockies.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)