Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Despite initial reports to the contrary the Giants have not yet released second baseman Dan Uggla after the Braves castoff went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in his first four games for San Francisco.
However, according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com Uggla did not travel with the team on their road trip to New York and will be let go from the active roster prior to tonight’s game against the Mets.
He may still stay with the Giants, as Baggarly reports that Uggla is considering accepting an assignment to Triple-A rather than hitting the open market again as a free agent.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)