Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Despite initial reports to the contrary the Giants have not yet released second baseman Dan Uggla after the Braves castoff went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in his first four games for San Francisco.
However, according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com Uggla did not travel with the team on their road trip to New York and will be let go from the active roster prior to tonight’s game against the Mets.
He may still stay with the Giants, as Baggarly reports that Uggla is considering accepting an assignment to Triple-A rather than hitting the open market again as a free agent.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)