Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Despite initial reports to the contrary the Giants have not yet released second baseman Dan Uggla after the Braves castoff went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in his first four games for San Francisco.
However, according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com Uggla did not travel with the team on their road trip to New York and will be let go from the active roster prior to tonight’s game against the Mets.
He may still stay with the Giants, as Baggarly reports that Uggla is considering accepting an assignment to Triple-A rather than hitting the open market again as a free agent.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72