Aug 1, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
UPDATE: The original post had how Kelly and Craig learned about the trade backwards (as the Joe Strauss column I read had it backwards). Derrick Goold’s newser on the story has it correct:
Craig, an All-Star just a year ago, was sitting in a room off the clubhouse with teammates when he heard about the trade on the television. Kelly read it first on Twitter. Other players heard about it first from the media or a website.
The original post also had a lot of good things to say about Strauss’ column on the story. And I think it is still well written and makes some good points in an engaging fashion. But given the error on the Kelly/Craig thing, well caveat emptor. Maybe just go read Goold’s story instead.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)