Aug 1, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Earlier this week the Royals became the fourth team to release Joe Saunders this season and the 33-year-old left-hander has already found a fifth organization, signing a minor-league deal with the Orioles.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Saunders will head to Triple-A and be used as a reliever, which is a change after he repeatedly insisted on only being a starter despite consistently poor results for the past two seasons.
Saunders has always had extreme platoon splits, so while his days of being a reasonably effective starter may be over he could resurface as a decent situational southpaw.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27