Aug 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Not a hard call. The team needs to clear roster space for Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell and Schafer is hitting .163/.256/.213. And he committed a dumb base running mistake the other night, violating the well-known rule about how, if you’re not producing at work, at least don’t get noticed.
Schafer still has legs and can man center field in a manner approximating a baseball player, so he’ll likely catch on someplace else, even if it’s just a minor league gig.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)