Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
The Angels have activated pitcher C.J. Wilson to make tonight’s start against the Rays, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. To make room for him on the roster, the club has optioned outfielder J.B. Shuck to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Wilson had been on the disabled list since July 10 with a sprained right ankle. He made one rehab start at Double-A Arkansas on Monday before being deemed fit to return. The 33-year-old lefty has posted a 4.33 ERA with a 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings across 19 starts this season.
Shuck, 27, has slashed .167/.195/.250 with two home runs and nine RBI in 88 plate appearances at the big league level for the Angels this season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)