Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Angels have activated pitcher C.J. Wilson to make tonight’s start against the Rays, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. To make room for him on the roster, the club has optioned outfielder J.B. Shuck to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Wilson had been on the disabled list since July 10 with a sprained right ankle. He made one rehab start at Double-A Arkansas on Monday before being deemed fit to return. The 33-year-old lefty has posted a 4.33 ERA with a 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings across 19 starts this season.
Shuck, 27, has slashed .167/.195/.250 with two home runs and nine RBI in 88 plate appearances at the big league level for the Angels this season.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 9
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)