Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Angels have activated pitcher C.J. Wilson to make tonight’s start against the Rays, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. To make room for him on the roster, the club has optioned outfielder J.B. Shuck to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Wilson had been on the disabled list since July 10 with a sprained right ankle. He made one rehab start at Double-A Arkansas on Monday before being deemed fit to return. The 33-year-old lefty has posted a 4.33 ERA with a 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings across 19 starts this season.
Shuck, 27, has slashed .167/.195/.250 with two home runs and nine RBI in 88 plate appearances at the big league level for the Angels this season.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)