Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Angels have activated pitcher C.J. Wilson to make tonight’s start against the Rays, reports Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. To make room for him on the roster, the club has optioned outfielder J.B. Shuck to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Wilson had been on the disabled list since July 10 with a sprained right ankle. He made one rehab start at Double-A Arkansas on Monday before being deemed fit to return. The 33-year-old lefty has posted a 4.33 ERA with a 107/48 K/BB ratio in 116 1/3 innings across 19 starts this season.
Shuck, 27, has slashed .167/.195/.250 with two home runs and nine RBI in 88 plate appearances at the big league level for the Angels this season.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)