Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Astros will face Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey tonight in a home game. As Sportsnet reports, it’s the first time the roof will be open at game time in August at Minute Maid Field since August 6, 2004. One wonders if it’s not a mere coincidence that Dickey will be on the mound when the Astros end a decade-long streak.
Dickey’s performance with the roof open has been a topic of conversation ever since Dickey joined the Blue Jays. Earlier this season, the Jays opened the roof at the Rogers Centre, and Dickey proceeded to dominate the Athletics over 8 1/3 innings. After the game, Dickey told the media, “Don’t anybody ask me questions about the roof.”
The Astros may be opening the roof at their own peril tonight.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11