Aug 2, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
The Astros will face Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey tonight in a home game. As Sportsnet reports, it’s the first time the roof will be open at game time in August at Minute Maid Field since August 6, 2004. One wonders if it’s not a mere coincidence that Dickey will be on the mound when the Astros end a decade-long streak.
Dickey’s performance with the roof open has been a topic of conversation ever since Dickey joined the Blue Jays. Earlier this season, the Jays opened the roof at the Rogers Centre, and Dickey proceeded to dominate the Athletics over 8 1/3 innings. After the game, Dickey told the media, “Don’t anybody ask me questions about the roof.”
The Astros may be opening the roof at their own peril tonight.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)