Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
* * *
* * *
Mets fans in attendance at Citi Field are being treated to dueling no-hitters. Mets starter Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless through six innings, allowing only a fifth-inning walk, while Jake Peavy has been perfect through six against the Mets in his second start for the Giants. We’ll keep you updated as both pitchers attempt to do something special.
deGrom has been solid for the Mets since joining the rotation on May 15, but he has been on point especially lately. In his last four starts, he has a 0.66 ERA with a 30/5 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
The Giants acquired Peavy from the Red Sox on July 26, sending Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree to Boston. Peavy has had a tough season, posting a 4.71 ERA with a 105/48 K/BB ratio in 130 innings.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 7
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 12
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 132
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (132)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)