Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
* * *
* * *
Mets fans in attendance at Citi Field are being treated to dueling no-hitters. Mets starter Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless through six innings, allowing only a fifth-inning walk, while Jake Peavy has been perfect through six against the Mets in his second start for the Giants. We’ll keep you updated as both pitchers attempt to do something special.
deGrom has been solid for the Mets since joining the rotation on May 15, but he has been on point especially lately. In his last four starts, he has a 0.66 ERA with a 30/5 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
The Giants acquired Peavy from the Red Sox on July 26, sending Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree to Boston. Peavy has had a tough season, posting a 4.71 ERA with a 105/48 K/BB ratio in 130 innings.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)