Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
* * *
* * *
Mets fans in attendance at Citi Field are being treated to dueling no-hitters. Mets starter Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless through six innings, allowing only a fifth-inning walk, while Jake Peavy has been perfect through six against the Mets in his second start for the Giants. We’ll keep you updated as both pitchers attempt to do something special.
deGrom has been solid for the Mets since joining the rotation on May 15, but he has been on point especially lately. In his last four starts, he has a 0.66 ERA with a 30/5 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
The Giants acquired Peavy from the Red Sox on July 26, sending Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree to Boston. Peavy has had a tough season, posting a 4.71 ERA with a 105/48 K/BB ratio in 130 innings.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)