Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
* * *
* * *
Mets fans in attendance at Citi Field are being treated to dueling no-hitters. Mets starter Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless through six innings, allowing only a fifth-inning walk, while Jake Peavy has been perfect through six against the Mets in his second start for the Giants. We’ll keep you updated as both pitchers attempt to do something special.
deGrom has been solid for the Mets since joining the rotation on May 15, but he has been on point especially lately. In his last four starts, he has a 0.66 ERA with a 30/5 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
The Giants acquired Peavy from the Red Sox on July 26, sending Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree to Boston. Peavy has had a tough season, posting a 4.71 ERA with a 105/48 K/BB ratio in 130 innings.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11