Aug 2, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
* * *
* * *
Mets fans in attendance at Citi Field are being treated to dueling no-hitters. Mets starter Jacob deGrom has held the Giants hitless through six innings, allowing only a fifth-inning walk, while Jake Peavy has been perfect through six against the Mets in his second start for the Giants. We’ll keep you updated as both pitchers attempt to do something special.
deGrom has been solid for the Mets since joining the rotation on May 15, but he has been on point especially lately. In his last four starts, he has a 0.66 ERA with a 30/5 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings.
The Giants acquired Peavy from the Red Sox on July 26, sending Edwin Escobar and Heath Hembree to Boston. Peavy has had a tough season, posting a 4.71 ERA with a 105/48 K/BB ratio in 130 innings.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)