Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Remember on Thursday I relayed a story from Jane Lee of MLB.com about Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski sending some good-natured smack talk to Athletics general manager Billy Beane? Awesome story, right? Unfortunately, it didn’t exactly go down as originally reported.
According to Matthew B. Mowery of the Oakland Press, it was actually Beane who sent a message to Dombrowski after the David Price deal. And it was more complimentary than anything else.
“And you only gave me a minute to try and get Chris Sale. I’m not surprised. You know how to make the big deal. Well done.”
So, that’s that. Some nice, healthy respect between two quality baseball people. It’s cool to see. Still, I plan to continue pretending that Dombrowski teases Beane regularly and texts things like “AthLOLetics” when they make errors. More fun that way.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)