Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Remember on Thursday I relayed a story from Jane Lee of MLB.com about Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski sending some good-natured smack talk to Athletics general manager Billy Beane? Awesome story, right? Unfortunately, it didn’t exactly go down as originally reported.
According to Matthew B. Mowery of the Oakland Press, it was actually Beane who sent a message to Dombrowski after the David Price deal. And it was more complimentary than anything else.
“And you only gave me a minute to try and get Chris Sale. I’m not surprised. You know how to make the big deal. Well done.”
So, that’s that. Some nice, healthy respect between two quality baseball people. It’s cool to see. Still, I plan to continue pretending that Dombrowski teases Beane regularly and texts things like “AthLOLetics” when they make errors. More fun that way.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)