Aug 3, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants outfielder Angel Pagan will play in two rehab games with Triple-A Fresno, including tonight’s contest against the Salt Lake Bees. Barring any setbacks, he will likely be activated before the club opens up a three-game series in Milwaukee against the Brewers.
Pagan, 33, has been out of commission since June 15 with a bulging disk in his lower back. Nevertheless, the veteran was able to muster a respectable .307/.356/.411 line with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases in 262 plate appearances leading up to his injury.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)