Aug 3, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants outfielder Angel Pagan will play in two rehab games with Triple-A Fresno, including tonight’s contest against the Salt Lake Bees. Barring any setbacks, he will likely be activated before the club opens up a three-game series in Milwaukee against the Brewers.
Pagan, 33, has been out of commission since June 15 with a bulging disk in his lower back. Nevertheless, the veteran was able to muster a respectable .307/.356/.411 line with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases in 262 plate appearances leading up to his injury.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 9
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)