Aug 3, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants outfielder Angel Pagan will play in two rehab games with Triple-A Fresno, including tonight’s contest against the Salt Lake Bees. Barring any setbacks, he will likely be activated before the club opens up a three-game series in Milwaukee against the Brewers.
Pagan, 33, has been out of commission since June 15 with a bulging disk in his lower back. Nevertheless, the veteran was able to muster a respectable .307/.356/.411 line with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases in 262 plate appearances leading up to his injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)