Aug 3, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports that Giants outfielder Angel Pagan will play in two rehab games with Triple-A Fresno, including tonight’s contest against the Salt Lake Bees. Barring any setbacks, he will likely be activated before the club opens up a three-game series in Milwaukee against the Brewers.
Pagan, 33, has been out of commission since June 15 with a bulging disk in his lower back. Nevertheless, the veteran was able to muster a respectable .307/.356/.411 line with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases in 262 plate appearances leading up to his injury.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)