Aug 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels have recalled pitchers Fernando Salas (from Triple-A Salt Lake) and Cam Bedrosian (from Double-A Arkansas). To create room for them on the roster, the Angels optioned pitcher Michael Roth to Double-A and placed pitcher Joe Thatcher on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left ankle.
As Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register surmises, Bedrosian’s stay with the big club could only last a day. Outfielder Collin Cowgill, currently on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured right thumb, could be activated.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)