Aug 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels have recalled pitchers Fernando Salas (from Triple-A Salt Lake) and Cam Bedrosian (from Double-A Arkansas). To create room for them on the roster, the Angels optioned pitcher Michael Roth to Double-A and placed pitcher Joe Thatcher on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left ankle.
As Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register surmises, Bedrosian’s stay with the big club could only last a day. Outfielder Collin Cowgill, currently on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured right thumb, could be activated.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)