Aug 3, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks have acquired outfielder Blake Tekotte from the White Sox in exchange for cash considerations, J.J. Stankevitz of CSN Chicago reports. Tekotte will report to Triple-A Reno. In a related move, the White Sox promoted 2009 first round pick Jared Mitchell to Triple-A Charlotte.
Tekotte hasn’t played in the majors this season. In 318 plate appearances with Charlotte, the 27-year-old posted a .251/.324/.438 line with 11 home runs and 35 RBI.
Mitchell, 25, began the season at Triple-A but struggled, striking out in exactly half of his 156 at-bats. He was demoted to Double-A Birmingham and had more success, slashing .299/.367/.561 with 10 home runs and 20 RBI.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)