Aug 3, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Don’t expect an imminent return, however. It is still good news, and if everything goes perfectly, Tanaka could rejoin the Yankees for a late-season playoff push. Tanaka has felt better since receiving platelet-rich plasma injections several weeks ago.
Tanaka, 25, last pitched on July 8 when he suffered a partial tear of the UCL ligament. At the time, he was in the running for the American League Cy Young and Rookie of the Year awards. He went on the shelf with a 12-4 record, a 2.51 ERA, and a 135/19 K/BB ratio in 129 1/3 innings.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 148
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 67
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (148)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)