Aug 3, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Don’t expect an imminent return, however. It is still good news, and if everything goes perfectly, Tanaka could rejoin the Yankees for a late-season playoff push. Tanaka has felt better since receiving platelet-rich plasma injections several weeks ago.
Tanaka, 25, last pitched on July 8 when he suffered a partial tear of the UCL ligament. At the time, he was in the running for the American League Cy Young and Rookie of the Year awards. He went on the shelf with a 12-4 record, a 2.51 ERA, and a 135/19 K/BB ratio in 129 1/3 innings.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 0
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 12
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)