Aug 3, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced that 1B/OF Mike Carp has been claimed off of waivers by the Rangers. Carp requested the Red Sox trade him in the week leading up to the trade deadline, but despite the club’s flurry of activity, Carp remained in Boston. He was designated for assignment on Friday.
The Rangers moved pitcher Alexi Ogando to the 60-day disabled list to create room on the 40-man roster for Carp. They’ll make a move to create room on the 25-man roster tomorrw, reports Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Carp, a key contributor to the 2013 champion Red Sox, neither played frequently nor well this season. In 103 plate appearances, he compiled an uninspiring .198/.320/.279 slash line with zero home runs and nine RBI.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)