Aug 3, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
After collecting three hits Saturday, Avisail Garcia, once essentially ruled out for the season, is 5-for-9 on his rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte.
Garcia suffered a torn labrum and an avulsion fracture in his left shoulder attempting a diving catch in just his eighth game of the season on April 9. The White Sox thought he was out for the year, but he’s made quick progress, and while he has been DHing so far on his rehab assignment, he’s tested his shoulder by making throws and is expected to return to the outfield soon.
The 23-year-old Garcia has hit .298/.332/.450 with seven homers in 50 games for the White Sox since coming over from Detroit in last year’s three-team Jake Peavy–Jose Iglesias deal. He probably won’t be a full-time player after returning this season, but he is penciled in as the team’s long-term right fielder.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)