Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Twins have claimed outfielder Jordan Schafer off of waivers from the Braves, Lavelle E. Neal III of the Star-Tribune reports. The Braves designated Schafer for assignment on Friday to create room on the roster for new acquisitions Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell. The Twins will announce a corresponding roster move before Tuesday night’s home game against the Padres.
Schafer, 27, had a tough time at the plate in 93 plate appearances at the major league level for the Braves, owning a .163/.256/.213 slash line with 15 stolen bases. He is earning $1.09 million and will be eligible for arbitration for two more seasons before becoming eligible for free agency after the 2016 season.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)