Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Twins have claimed outfielder Jordan Schafer off of waivers from the Braves, Lavelle E. Neal III of the Star-Tribune reports. The Braves designated Schafer for assignment on Friday to create room on the roster for new acquisitions Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell. The Twins will announce a corresponding roster move before Tuesday night’s home game against the Padres.
Schafer, 27, had a tough time at the plate in 93 plate appearances at the major league level for the Braves, owning a .163/.256/.213 slash line with 15 stolen bases. He is earning $1.09 million and will be eligible for arbitration for two more seasons before becoming eligible for free agency after the 2016 season.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)