Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
The Twins have claimed outfielder Jordan Schafer off of waivers from the Braves, Lavelle E. Neal III of the Star-Tribune reports. The Braves designated Schafer for assignment on Friday to create room on the roster for new acquisitions Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell. The Twins will announce a corresponding roster move before Tuesday night’s home game against the Padres.
Schafer, 27, had a tough time at the plate in 93 plate appearances at the major league level for the Braves, owning a .163/.256/.213 slash line with 15 stolen bases. He is earning $1.09 million and will be eligible for arbitration for two more seasons before becoming eligible for free agency after the 2016 season.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)