Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Twins have claimed outfielder Jordan Schafer off of waivers from the Braves, Lavelle E. Neal III of the Star-Tribune reports. The Braves designated Schafer for assignment on Friday to create room on the roster for new acquisitions Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell. The Twins will announce a corresponding roster move before Tuesday night’s home game against the Padres.
Schafer, 27, had a tough time at the plate in 93 plate appearances at the major league level for the Braves, owning a .163/.256/.213 slash line with 15 stolen bases. He is earning $1.09 million and will be eligible for arbitration for two more seasons before becoming eligible for free agency after the 2016 season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (154)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)