Aug 4, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jays announced this evening that infielder Brett Lawrie has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make his return Tuesday for the start of a big series against the first-place Orioles.
Lawrie has been sidelined since he suffered a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch on June 22. He went 4-for-10 (.400) with a double and two walks over three minor league rehab games with High-A Dunedin. The Blue Jays had him play both second and third base during his rehab stint, so he figures to alternate between the positions upon his return.
Lawrie, 24, is just .244 with a .299 on-base percentage this season, but he has produced 12 home runs and 38 RBI over just 69 games.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)