Aug 4, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jays announced this evening that infielder Brett Lawrie has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make his return Tuesday for the start of a big series against the first-place Orioles.
Lawrie has been sidelined since he suffered a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch on June 22. He went 4-for-10 (.400) with a double and two walks over three minor league rehab games with High-A Dunedin. The Blue Jays had him play both second and third base during his rehab stint, so he figures to alternate between the positions upon his return.
Lawrie, 24, is just .244 with a .299 on-base percentage this season, but he has produced 12 home runs and 38 RBI over just 69 games.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 8
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 94
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (95)