Aug 4, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jays announced this evening that infielder Brett Lawrie has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make his return Tuesday for the start of a big series against the first-place Orioles.
Lawrie has been sidelined since he suffered a broken right index finger when he was hit by a pitch on June 22. He went 4-for-10 (.400) with a double and two walks over three minor league rehab games with High-A Dunedin. The Blue Jays had him play both second and third base during his rehab stint, so he figures to alternate between the positions upon his return.
Lawrie, 24, is just .244 with a .299 on-base percentage this season, but he has produced 12 home runs and 38 RBI over just 69 games.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)