Aug 4, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Dykstra has been out of prison for 13 months now. He did his community service to high praise from the person who organizes the charity he worked for. He’s being drug tested every week and still will be for two more years and so far so good. He’s living with his ex-wife who, it seems, is the most patient and charitable person on the planet and thankfully doesn’t have any illusions about old Len. He also — and this is a bit scary — is going to get back into the investment advising business, it seems.
Here’s hoping he can channel that crazy radioactive, space-alien drive he seems to have into something positive this time around.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)