Aug 4, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Dykstra has been out of prison for 13 months now. He did his community service to high praise from the person who organizes the charity he worked for. He’s being drug tested every week and still will be for two more years and so far so good. He’s living with his ex-wife who, it seems, is the most patient and charitable person on the planet and thankfully doesn’t have any illusions about old Len. He also — and this is a bit scary — is going to get back into the investment advising business, it seems.
Here’s hoping he can channel that crazy radioactive, space-alien drive he seems to have into something positive this time around.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)