Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Released by the Braves after being arguably the worst player in baseball for the past two seasons, Uggla signed a minor-league deal with the Giants and was quickly promoted to the big leagues … where he went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in four games.
Uggla is 34 years old and has hit .171 in his last 188 games (and .208 in his last 503 games), so if he does latch on with another organization presumably his next team will at least make him put together a decent stretch at Triple-A before giving him another shot in the majors.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)