Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Released by the Braves after being arguably the worst player in baseball for the past two seasons, Uggla signed a minor-league deal with the Giants and was quickly promoted to the big leagues … where he went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in four games.
Uggla is 34 years old and has hit .171 in his last 188 games (and .208 in his last 503 games), so if he does latch on with another organization presumably his next team will at least make him put together a decent stretch at Triple-A before giving him another shot in the majors.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)