Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Released by the Braves after being arguably the worst player in baseball for the past two seasons, Uggla signed a minor-league deal with the Giants and was quickly promoted to the big leagues … where he went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in four games.
Uggla is 34 years old and has hit .171 in his last 188 games (and .208 in his last 503 games), so if he does latch on with another organization presumably his next team will at least make him put together a decent stretch at Triple-A before giving him another shot in the majors.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 31
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27