Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Released by the Braves after being arguably the worst player in baseball for the past two seasons, Uggla signed a minor-league deal with the Giants and was quickly promoted to the big leagues … where he went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in four games.
Uggla is 34 years old and has hit .171 in his last 188 games (and .208 in his last 503 games), so if he does latch on with another organization presumably his next team will at least make him put together a decent stretch at Triple-A before giving him another shot in the majors.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)