Aug 4, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
There are some people out there who call it “having a catch.” These are the same godless heathens who insist upon saying one has to “stand on line” instead of stand “in line.” I’ll give them their use of “soda” over “pop” because that’s just common sense, but I will not abide “have a catch.” Anyway:
Tanaka was sweaty and smiling after 50-pitch game of catch. Told me he felt good and no pain. First of many steps.
— Sweeny Murti (@YankeesWFAN) August 4, 2014
“Sweaty and smiling” would be a great name for the debut album of a second-tier southern boogie band in the 1970s. A band that opened for Molly Hatchet at the civic center that time. You remember: when your big brother’s friend gave you your first beer and you felt like a big man? Those were the days.
Anyway: that’s all I got on Tanaka. They Yankees are only a game and a half out of the wild card, so there’s a non-trivial chance they could use him in the last month of the season.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)