Aug 4, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
There are some people out there who call it “having a catch.” These are the same godless heathens who insist upon saying one has to “stand on line” instead of stand “in line.” I’ll give them their use of “soda” over “pop” because that’s just common sense, but I will not abide “have a catch.” Anyway:
Tanaka was sweaty and smiling after 50-pitch game of catch. Told me he felt good and no pain. First of many steps.
— Sweeny Murti (@YankeesWFAN) August 4, 2014
“Sweaty and smiling” would be a great name for the debut album of a second-tier southern boogie band in the 1970s. A band that opened for Molly Hatchet at the civic center that time. You remember: when your big brother’s friend gave you your first beer and you felt like a big man? Those were the days.
Anyway: that’s all I got on Tanaka. They Yankees are only a game and a half out of the wild card, so there’s a non-trivial chance they could use him in the last month of the season.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)