Aug 4, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Matt Cain is going to have season-ended surgery on Monday.
It was reported over the weekend that the Giants’ medical staff recommended surgery for Cain’s inflamed right elbow, which contained bone chips. They must have talked him into it. It was inevitable anyway, and at least if he has the surgery now there is a good chance he’ll be ready for the start of the 2015 season.
The 2014 season is already a loss for him. He has a career-high 4.18 ERA over 15 starts and has been on the disabled list three times.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)