Aug 4, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun hears that Johnson hasn’t signed with a team and is still in the process of making a decision.
7:35 p.m. ET: According to Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports, free agent reliever Jim Johnson has signed with an unidentified team. Yes, we have a mystery team on our hands, folks. The only thing we know right now is that it’s not the Orioles, so apparently they weren’t too impressed by his workout earlier today in Florida.
Johnson was released by the Athletics last week after he posted an awful 7.14 ERA with 28 strikeouts and 23 walks over 40 1/3 innings. Oakland is responsible for the remainder of his $10 million salary for this season, so he would only cost a prorated portion of the major league minimum with his new team.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)