Wilson Ramos to be placed on paternity leave list

Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EST

Wilson Ramos Getty Getty Images

According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will be placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.

Ramos and his wife are currently expecting their first child. The Nationals will likely call up either Sandy Leon or Jhonathan Solano to take his spot on the roster for the next three days.

Ramos went 2-for-4 with a solo home run tonight against the Orioles. The 26-year-old backstop has been limited to just 50 games this season due to hamate bone surgery and a hamstring injury, but he’s been very productive when healthy, batting .295/.343/.400 with four homers and 26 RBI.

1. yahmule - Aug 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM

If this is a masculine child, I hope he names him Amos.

• philipharmonic - Aug 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

or if he played for the Cubs or White Sox, I’d hope for Rahm.

• nothanksimdriving123 - Aug 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM

A “masculine” child? Is that like a Godfather tribute? OK, Luca Brasi.
      My only hope is that the mother and baby come through with good health.

• historiophiliac - Aug 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM

If they were Irish, they could go with Seamus.

• unclemosesgreen - Aug 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM

A nickname Shamrock, well my name is not Seamus
        Girlies on the tippy cuz my homie is famous

2. shanabartels - Aug 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Mazel tov to the family. I hope little Vamos Ramos comes out healthy and happy.

• jamnew44 - Aug 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Good one shanabatels! I am going with Vamos Ramos! Heres’s to a strong healthy baby for the Ramos family. Have a safe trip Wilsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

3. philliesblow - Aug 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I love me some palindrome: Somar Ramos

• roundballsquarebox24 - Aug 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM

This reminded me of Nomar Garciaparra. His name is his father, Ramon’s name spelled backwards.

4. NatsLady - Aug 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Good luck, Buffalo! Hoping for a healthy baby, and that you come back with that same hot bat!

5. rbj1 - Aug 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Congratulations to the couple. Hope it’s a healthy kid.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (6234)