Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will be placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
Ramos and his wife are currently expecting their first child. The Nationals will likely call up either Sandy Leon or Jhonathan Solano to take his spot on the roster for the next three days.
Ramos went 2-for-4 with a solo home run tonight against the Orioles. The 26-year-old backstop has been limited to just 50 games this season due to hamate bone surgery and a hamstring injury, but he’s been very productive when healthy, batting .295/.343/.400 with four homers and 26 RBI.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (82)