Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will be placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
Ramos and his wife are currently expecting their first child. The Nationals will likely call up either Sandy Leon or Jhonathan Solano to take his spot on the roster for the next three days.
Ramos went 2-for-4 with a solo home run tonight against the Orioles. The 26-year-old backstop has been limited to just 50 games this season due to hamate bone surgery and a hamstring injury, but he’s been very productive when healthy, batting .295/.343/.400 with four homers and 26 RBI.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)