Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will be placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
Ramos and his wife are currently expecting their first child. The Nationals will likely call up either Sandy Leon or Jhonathan Solano to take his spot on the roster for the next three days.
Ramos went 2-for-4 with a solo home run tonight against the Orioles. The 26-year-old backstop has been limited to just 50 games this season due to hamate bone surgery and a hamstring injury, but he’s been very productive when healthy, batting .295/.343/.400 with four homers and 26 RBI.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)