Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
According to James Wagner of the Washington Post, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will be placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
Ramos and his wife are currently expecting their first child. The Nationals will likely call up either Sandy Leon or Jhonathan Solano to take his spot on the roster for the next three days.
Ramos went 2-for-4 with a solo home run tonight against the Orioles. The 26-year-old backstop has been limited to just 50 games this season due to hamate bone surgery and a hamstring injury, but he’s been very productive when healthy, batting .295/.343/.400 with four homers and 26 RBI.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)