Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Gatorade very likely paid for this and Harper is a Gatorade spokesman, but Harper was there on the scene to present Washington D.C.’s Anacostia High School football team with a new locker room yesterday afternoon.
It sounds like it needed the upgrade and it sounds like a good one. I’m mostly linking this, however, because of a Harper quip:
The atmosphere lightened once Harper got to mingling with the players. Chatter began, the stupor broken by selfies, questions, and “thank yous.” When the whole group lined up to take a picture, one of the Anacostia players forgot to take his headphones off. Harper held out his hand to halt him.
“Leave those on man, you might get sponsored!” he joked.
Not much of a joke in this day and age.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 18
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 132
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (133)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)