Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Gatorade very likely paid for this and Harper is a Gatorade spokesman, but Harper was there on the scene to present Washington D.C.’s Anacostia High School football team with a new locker room yesterday afternoon.
It sounds like it needed the upgrade and it sounds like a good one. I’m mostly linking this, however, because of a Harper quip:
The atmosphere lightened once Harper got to mingling with the players. Chatter began, the stupor broken by selfies, questions, and “thank yous.” When the whole group lined up to take a picture, one of the Anacostia players forgot to take his headphones off. Harper held out his hand to halt him.
“Leave those on man, you might get sponsored!” he joked.
Not much of a joke in this day and age.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 1
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 24
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 43
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 18
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)