Aug 5, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan played in only 15 games for the Indians this year and the last of those came in mid-May, when he suffered an injury to his right knee. In the middle of that he was demoted to Columbus. So, no, it’s not as if Morgan was a big part of the Indians plans for the stretch run. Today that was confirmed, as the Indians released him.
Morgan was 14 for 41 with one home run, six RBI and three stolen bases. It was surprise he even made the team, really, as he was out of the bigs in 2013 playing for the Yokohoma Bay Stars of NPB. He played pretty well there, actually. Maybe he can go back for a couple more seasons.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)