Aug 5, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan played in only 15 games for the Indians this year and the last of those came in mid-May, when he suffered an injury to his right knee. In the middle of that he was demoted to Columbus. So, no, it’s not as if Morgan was a big part of the Indians plans for the stretch run. Today that was confirmed, as the Indians released him.
Morgan was 14 for 41 with one home run, six RBI and three stolen bases. It was surprise he even made the team, really, as he was out of the bigs in 2013 playing for the Yokohoma Bay Stars of NPB. He played pretty well there, actually. Maybe he can go back for a couple more seasons.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 13
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)