Aug 5, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Nyjer Morgan played in only 15 games for the Indians this year and the last of those came in mid-May, when he suffered an injury to his right knee. In the middle of that he was demoted to Columbus. So, no, it’s not as if Morgan was a big part of the Indians plans for the stretch run. Today that was confirmed, as the Indians released him.
Morgan was 14 for 41 with one home run, six RBI and three stolen bases. It was surprise he even made the team, really, as he was out of the bigs in 2013 playing for the Yokohoma Bay Stars of NPB. He played pretty well there, actually. Maybe he can go back for a couple more seasons.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)