Aug 5, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan played in only 15 games for the Indians this year and the last of those came in mid-May, when he suffered an injury to his right knee. In the middle of that he was demoted to Columbus. So, no, it’s not as if Morgan was a big part of the Indians plans for the stretch run. Today that was confirmed, as the Indians released him.
Morgan was 14 for 41 with one home run, six RBI and three stolen bases. It was surprise he even made the team, really, as he was out of the bigs in 2013 playing for the Yokohoma Bay Stars of NPB. He played pretty well there, actually. Maybe he can go back for a couple more seasons.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)