Aug 5, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Padres manager Bud Black told MLB Network Radio today that he expects the team to name a new general manager within the next 48 hours.
As we noted yesterday, Yankees assistant general manager Billy Eppler is viewed as the front-runner,, but several others have been mentioned for the job, including Kim Ng and even Kevin Towers.
Now that the trading deadline is over and the Padres have unloaded most of what they need to unload, the urgency for a new GM isn’t quite what it was. But whoever gets the job has a big job ahead of them.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)