Aug 5, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Padres manager Bud Black told MLB Network Radio today that he expects the team to name a new general manager within the next 48 hours.
As we noted yesterday, Yankees assistant general manager Billy Eppler is viewed as the front-runner,, but several others have been mentioned for the job, including Kim Ng and even Kevin Towers.
Now that the trading deadline is over and the Padres have unloaded most of what they need to unload, the urgency for a new GM isn’t quite what it was. But whoever gets the job has a big job ahead of them.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (137)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)