Aug 5, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Padres manager Bud Black told MLB Network Radio today that he expects the team to name a new general manager within the next 48 hours.
As we noted yesterday, Yankees assistant general manager Billy Eppler is viewed as the front-runner,, but several others have been mentioned for the job, including Kim Ng and even Kevin Towers.
Now that the trading deadline is over and the Padres have unloaded most of what they need to unload, the urgency for a new GM isn’t quite what it was. But whoever gets the job has a big job ahead of them.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)