Aug 5, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Johnson was a mess in Oakland, posting a 7.14 ERA in 38 appearances, but he saved 101 games as the Orioles’ closer in 2012-2013 and came into this season with a lifetime 3.11 ERA in 360 games.
As a $10 million closer he was a disaster for the A’s. As a minimum-salaried middle reliever he might prove useful for the Tigers. And maybe he’ll get a chance to face the A’s in the playoffs.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)