Aug 6, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
On one hand A.J. Pierzynski played poorly for the Red Sox while being paid $8.25 million and was released two-thirds of the way through his one-year contract.
On the other hand the Red Sox, as they so often do, badmouthed Pierzynski through the media on his way out of town and painted him in the worst possible light.
So now that he’s in St. Louis should the 37-year-old catcher be angry with how things went in Boston? After his Cardinals beat the Red Sox yesterday Pierzynski explained that he has “no hard feelings”:
I love Boston. The city, I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the heck out of it. Boston was great. I have no hard feelings. I know everyone expects me to be bitter and to be mad but I’m not, I’m really not. It was great. …
It seems like every time someone’s let go from a team, no matter what team it is, there’s always something that’s said. That’s just the way it is in sports today and the way it is in everything today, in life today. Nobody said anything to me while I was there so whatever was said after I left is not a big deal to me.
Pierzynski has hit .320 with a .730 OPS in seven games for the Cardinals after hitting .254 with a .633 OPS in 72 games for the Red Sox.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)