Aug 6, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
On one hand A.J. Pierzynski played poorly for the Red Sox while being paid $8.25 million and was released two-thirds of the way through his one-year contract.
On the other hand the Red Sox, as they so often do, badmouthed Pierzynski through the media on his way out of town and painted him in the worst possible light.
So now that he’s in St. Louis should the 37-year-old catcher be angry with how things went in Boston? After his Cardinals beat the Red Sox yesterday Pierzynski explained that he has “no hard feelings”:
I love Boston. The city, I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the heck out of it. Boston was great. I have no hard feelings. I know everyone expects me to be bitter and to be mad but I’m not, I’m really not. It was great. …
It seems like every time someone’s let go from a team, no matter what team it is, there’s always something that’s said. That’s just the way it is in sports today and the way it is in everything today, in life today. Nobody said anything to me while I was there so whatever was said after I left is not a big deal to me.
Pierzynski has hit .320 with a .730 OPS in seven games for the Cardinals after hitting .254 with a .633 OPS in 72 games for the Red Sox.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 10
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 90
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)